Finding a good mentor, difficult as that may be, doesn’t get you out of the woods. Following are questions I’ve found helpful to jumpstart a conversation and, assuming you take good notes, will leave you with plenty of areas to improve.
- What would you do if you were me?
- What can I do better?
- How do you spend most of your time?
- How do you get buy-in from multiple people?
- How do you communicate with other leaders?
- How do you say no?
- If you wanted to encourage innovative ideas, how would you go about it?
- What resources would you recommend to someone looking to gain insight into becoming a better leader?
- Who else would you recommend I connect with?